11.9.11

TEXTILE LETTERS.

I have always been fascinated by writing and receiving letters.

At the age of 17 I added a little note in newspapers around the world; from Brasil to Germany to Mexico to Spain. My main interest at the time were: handwork, Amnesty International, Greenpeace, nature, horses and music.
I still remember the exitement when receiving the first letters from my new penpals.
Eugenia from Sao Paulo send me photos of the different kinds of indian tripes in the Amazon. Amazing photos with featherwork for danzing.

Over the years I collected several big boxes full of letters, snapshots, photos. Every time I had to clean up or moving to a new place because of studies, I had to throw out some.
In the summer of 2011 we got a lot of rain here in Copenhagen, just over at couple of hours. The day after I went down into my basement to have a look. I started opening the old letters, looking at photos of both my penpals and snapshots they have send to me all these years ago, going back in memories.
I would like to invite you to join my writing of TEXTILE LETTERS.
Letters full of colors, textures, snapshots, words, anything you would like to share with me.


Dear Jacques; You are always on my mind, one day we will meet again. I love YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment